Maintenance Manager | London
Urbanest is a leading,contemporary student accommodation provider that prides itself on delivering the highest quality accommodation and sector-leading service to students and universities. We provide world-class student accommodation in the major educational and real estate markets in London.
Due to exciting growth, we are on the lookout for a Maintenance Manager to oversee our portfolio of 5 properties and manage our team of Maintenance Operatives.
You will work across our properties in Kings Cross, St Pancras, Hoxton, Tower Bridge and Westminster Bridge.
As a Maintenance Manager your aim is;
- To provide a secure, comfortable and safe environment for customers and colleagues by maintaining assets through management of planned preventative maintenance programmes and reactive maintenance activities.
- To ensure assets within portfolio reach Health& Safety legislative requirements at all times and any mechanical and plant systems are operated safely and efficiently in line operating procedures and legal requirements.
- To ensure cost effective procurement strategies and suppliers are in place and utilised across portfolio to ensure quality of facilities and reduction in costs.
Customer& Stakeholder Management:
- Exercise initiative in providing excellent customer service and regularly observe Maintenance Team’s interaction with customers providing feedback to continuously improve service
- Build positive working relationships with third party contractors ensuring challenges are overcome swiftly and service provided is of consistently high standard
Develop & Manage Teams:
- Support the recruitment of new Maintenance Operatives and Assistants when required
- Identify training needs of Maintenance team and work with HR & Training Manager and C&PM Managers to address any developmental areas
- Support in the induction of new Maintenance team members helping them to be fully operational within role in a timely fashion
- Support communication of objectives, strategy and responsibilities within Maintenance team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Support in the management of resourcing and rotas of Maintenance team to ensure people are in the right place at the right time
- Contribute and support the growth of an Urbanest team spirit, working in line with the values and encouraging others to do the same
Protect & Nurture the Asset:
- Manage the facilities, PPM, RM and Life cycle of the portfolio providing strategy and direction to ensure Customer & Property Management objectives and KPI targets are met
- Drive and deliver operational action plans, monitor and review as needed to enhance performance in maintenance and facilities management
- Work alongside GMs in creating maintenance related sections of the annual business plan and support in setting the budget
- Work alongside Managers to support achievement of 100% compliance in Brand Audit under'Protect and Nurture the Asset’ across portfolio
- Manage and maintain an asset register for each property to support the delivery of a PPM programme
- Coordinate the inspections of plant equipment by Maintenance Team and third party contractors in line with operational procedures and legislation
- Regularly performaud its and checks to ensure that all Property Documentation Files are accurate and up to date
- Monitor and Manage C&PM team adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained/ maintained and that safe systems of work are followed,ensure understanding on the impact of non compliance
- Achieve best price,suitability and quality of products and services by appropriately selecting from available contractors and vendors and creating a list of preferred suppliers for the business
- Act as lead contact for insurance providers managing inspections, reporting and distributing procedures and information to C&PM team regularly checking understanding
- 10+ years experience inFacilities/Estates/ Maintenance
- Previous experience in mobilizations/openings of new building(s)
- Previous experiences in contracts management, proven track record of driving improvements in cost and quality of procured products/services
- Advanced knowledge and skills in technical maintenance, specialist plant/plumbing/electrical/HVAC
- Ability to work across locations in London
- Experience of working with a BMS system
- Experience of working in a student environment
As a Maintenance Manager you will be joining a fast-paced, exciting company in a market-leading company! We offer competitive salaries and a great place to work! Get in touch if you could see yourself as part of our team.